The conference will be held in the Liškiava
southern Lithuania, 12 km northeastern from Druskininkai.
Liškiava was firstly mentioned in the historical
annals in 1044. It is
supposed that the first wooden
Liškiava was built in the beginning of the 16th century. In 1699, the
was transferred to the Dominican order. A new church and monastery were
until 1741. However, very soon, in 1795, after the Third Partition of
Liškiava became a part of Prussia. The monastery was abandoned because
forbidden to enter the monastery. The church has survived as a parish
while the monastery after the death of the last monk in 1814 was closed
used for different purposes. In 1999, the public institution Liškiava
Centre was founded. A part of the ensemble building was transferred to
Liškiava could be easily reached by car from
Druskininkai (12 km) and Merkinė (21 km) directions. We can organize a
shuttle from Druskininkai.
When driving, we do not
recommend the shortest way (Road No 2519) through Panara
because it is a sandy country road. In autumn, it was easily passable,
but we cannot guarantee that the similar quality will be in
the next autumn.
The weather forecasts from the Lithuanian Hydrometeorological Service:
days in the main cities
two-day forecast maps for temperature (temperatūra) and precipitation